Sunday, February 19, 2012

2/15 Update


Checking in :)

Yesterday, I went for another round (4th) of Chemo, a few hours worth, today I am receiving more via the hook-up into my port in my chest. I am starting to rapidly get some of the side effects, so I figured I would write you all a note. Judging by the past I get too weak to do a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g including type or speak, shower etc. on the phone pretty rapidly. 

I will probably be in tough condition through the 22nd. If anyone would like to do some care giving in the next 8 days or so please feel free. So many thanks to Wayne, who went to Doctor and Chemo with me yesterday, and made me dinner J. And then Peter arrived, this afternoon my good friend Gene from Jersey is coming by, and staying the night, and taking me to get “un-hooked” tomorrow. Peter will be here Sat and Sun 18 /19.

The reaction to one of the drugs is a severe reaction to cold, it is coming on fast, so I won’t be able to go outside if its too cool, and I can’t drink or eat anything cold, its already that I can’t do laundry or get into fridge. I will use gloves to go in fridge. This one is one of the weirdest –lol!!!!
I’m also getting the symptoms where my eyes and eye sockets hurt, especially if I cry, so NO CRYING- lol. This would be from watching something sad on TV… Im blessed with a very emotional DNA
And then the usual other side effects are arriving…

Even though I faired well, I still lost another 4 pounds last week, I hope I do better this week, thankfully Danielle’s Mac & Cheese arrived on the weekend – I already ate 1 of 3 containers!!! Marybeth also delivered some Chicken Pot Pie Homemade. I’m determined to not drop much lower, I am eating Ice Cream and everything. It’s a Yummmmmm Diet! Except when the cold sensitive side effect comes in- it no more ice cream etc.
But on a bright note I was better the last round than the one the one before it! The last few days were very good for me! It was nice to have so many visitors.
Yesterday my white blood cell count was the best it has been since November 21st 2011. You may recall I was dangerously low when Janet took me to Provincetown about 3 weeks ago. I have some concern with my Cancer Antigen level that shot up on yesterdays test after continuously dropping.
After I finish Chemo tomorrow I will get the charming WBC Booster shot and then I have the test on Thursday the 23rd at Radiology. This will be a good look at how I am responding the treatments, and dictate the future course of action.
I will wait to discuss with Dr. O’Reilly.  We will have a lot to discuss when I see her on February 28th.

Apartment Life
I am very happy here, I am very well organized and feel much more comfortable being close to the Doctors, the Hospital etc. etc. I picked a great building, a few days ago the super hung up a handicapped rail in the shower for me. Everyone is very, very pleasant, I love NYC and I’m glad to be back here. I’ll write more later. But a Big thanks to Patrick Jones who pretty much did the entire move for me, and set up everything, I could not be here and comfortable without his Herculean efforts. He's back in Seattle now.

Here is the info, new phone number address etc. Please use this phone # it is MUCH better for me than speaking on the cell phone: (I can hear)
1-646-360-3910 
The new address is:     John Rampone
                                      408 East 92nd Street #1403
         New York, N.Y. 10128

So all for now, I love you all, I appreciate the help, the texts, the food etc. the phone calls etc. I am feeling strong, and I am going to be a survivor… and I will stay strong!
All my Love-  MUAH!
John

1 comment:

Debra said...

Hello there John and Peter,
Yankee7494 is me, Debra Cimino. The photos of you look great. I think of you often and hope you are staying strong. I am sending you strenght and love.