Saturday, October 13, 2012

Indian Summer

An amazingly stunning day in NYC, I love the Indian Summer type weather. What a difference this week is from the same a year earlier! I'm not too certain what the weather was then, but I know this day I am alone, but don't feel alone.... it's good to be alone sometimes.

This week last year I was just a few days away from being diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, life was confusing, I new I was sick but couldn't get my Doctor to understand that........ This forced me to break off a 20+ year relationship with a man I knew somehow had my best interests at heart yet wasn't opening up his senses enough to see, to listen, to feel his patients deteriorating situation. After all I was always "The Strong One" right? ...right??

This year I am The Strong One in such a different way, this year I am strong for myself first. Being strong for myself first has made me substantially stronger for others. I am 1 month from my first "Cancer Free" tests.

Today I am alone, I am happy and I am enjoying Indian Summer.

No comments: